As of February 5, 2019, Council Actions are no longer posted at this location. This information may now be accessed by viewing the City Council meeting videos and meeting summaries located HERE. Videos and summaries are posted the day after a meeting, and draft meeting minutes are published within three business days.
To view archives click on ‘Archived News’ to toggle between ‘Archived’ and ‘Current’ Council Actions.
Council Actions 01.28.19
Post Date:01/29/2019 3:15 PM
Return to full list >>
A Community Outreach Program
COUNCIL ACTION SUMMARY
A Community Outreach Program
From the Regular Meeting of January 28, 2019
6.1 (MINUTES 2019-06) Council APPROVED draft minutes from a Regular Meeting held on January 14, 2019.
6.2 (2019-6544) Council APPROVED the budget transfers for FY2019.
6.3 (2019-6560) Council ADOPTED First Amendment to the Development, Financing Participation and Intergovernmental Agreement No. 1 (Estrella Mountain Ranch Community Facilities District), amending section 6.3(e) of the agreement, removing the expiration of the general obligation bond authorization.
6.4 (2019-6563) Council APPROVED expenditure of funds in the amount of $2,888,424.19 for the Van Buren Street Estrella Parkway to Sarival Avenue construction project.
6.5 (2019-6566) Council APPROVED the Final Plat for Aldi Estrella Commons, subject to a stipulation.
6.6 (2019-6570) Council APPROVED the recommended appointments to the Arts and Culture Commission, the Board of Adjustment, the Fire/Building/Code Enforcement Appeals Board, the Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission, and the Planning and Zoning Commission for the terms set forth in the Council Action Report and AUTHORIZED the City Clerk to administer the Oath of Loyalty to the appointees in attendance.
7.1 (2019-6519) Council:
1. ADOPTED RESOLUTION NO. 2019-1919 DECLARING AS PUBLIC RECORDS THOSE CERTAIN DOCUMENTS FILED WITH THE CITY CLERK TITLED “OFFICIAL SUPPLEMENTARY ZONING MAP NO. 18-07A CITY OF GOODYEAR, AZ - PAD AMENDMENT”, “AVIVA GOODYEAR - LEGAL DESCRIPTION” AND “AVIVA GOODYEAR - PLANNED AREA DEVELOPMENT AMENDMENT NOVEMBER 30, 2018”.
2. ADOPTED ORDINANCE NO. 2019-1417 (WITH THE ADDITION OF STIPULATION NO. 14) CONDITIONALLY AMENDING THE PALM VALLEY PHASE V PLANNED AREA DEVELOPMENT (PAD) TO MODIFY THE DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS APPLICABLE TO AN APPROXIMATELY 15.9-ACRE PARCEL LOCATED AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF INDIAN SCHOOL ROAD AND FALCON DRIVE WITHIN THE PALM VALLEY PHASE V PAD; AMENDING THE ZONING MAP OF THE CITY OF GOODYEAR; PROVIDING FOR NON-ABRIDGMENT; PROVIDING FOR CORRECTIONS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE; AND PROVIDING FOR PENALTIES.
7.2 (2019-6556) Council TABLED this item to its Regular Meeting on February 11, 2019.
7.3 (2019-6558) Council:
1. ADOPTED RESOLUTION NO. 2019-1928 DECLARING AS PUBLIC RECORDS THOSE CERTAIN DOCUMENTS FILED WITH THE CITY CLERK AND TITLED “SUPPLEMENTARY ZONING MAP NO. 17-08A”, “SUN-DS FARMS, LLC, EXHIBIT B - LEGAL DESCRIPTION”, AND “SUN-DS FARMS FINAL PAD REGULATORY STANDARDS BOOK, NOVEMBER 2018”.
2. ADOPTED ORDINANCE NO. 2019-1423 AMENDING THE SUN-DS FARMS, LLC FINAL PLANNED AREA DEVELOPMENT TO EXPAND THE MEDIUM DENSITY SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL LAND USES, AND ELIMINATE THE COMMERCE CENTER LAND USES; AMENDING THE ZONING MAP OF THE CITY OF GOODYEAR; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
7.4 (2019-6565) Council:
1. AUTHORIZED FY2020 expenditure, subject to appropriation in the Fiscal 2019/20 adopted budget, and allow the City Manager to sign a contract and begin the transition process for the city’s solid waste and recycling services.
2. APPROVED a full-time city position for a Solid Waste Superintendent and authorize required budget transfers.
This is a representation of the Council Meeting. Full draft minutes are posted at http://goodyear.legistar.com as soon as possible following the meeting.