CITY OF GOODYEAR COMMUNITY FUNDING PROGRAM
FY19-20 application period has closed.
Apply were due May 1, 2019.
Subscribe to receive alerts about future Community Funding grant opportunities.
WHO CAN APPLY? - Non-profits that provide human or social services to benefit Goodyear residents. The services provided should not be duplicated by the city or another service provider. Agencies should be able to track the number of Goodyear residents served.
WHEN ARE APPLICATIONS TAKEN? - Applications are opened in April/ May and are usually due within 3-4 weeks of the opening date.
HOW DO WE APPLY? Goodyear uses an online application process. Applications must be submitted using the form. Applications may not be submitted as hard copy or email attachments.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION? To help you prepare to complete the online application, it may be helpful to know the form requests:
- Name of organization and organization/application contact information.
- Organization Mission Statement.
- Dollar amount requested and minimum amount of funding that would be accepted to provide program services described in application.
- Priority population served: youth, families in crisis, special populations, other.
- Brief description of organization including the services provided.
- Explanation of how, specifically, Goodyear Community Funding funds will be used? (What will Goodyear Community Funding dollars buy?) If funds will be used to pay salaries, a list of all full-time and part-time employees assigned to the program is requested, including names, titles, and amount of allocated Goodyear funds.
- Evidence supporting need for services in Goodyear.
- Number of Goodyear residents served in the last fiscal year and any additional measurable outcomes of the program.
- Other sources of funds requested to assist in meeting organization’s needs, including any other funding received from the city of Goodyear.
- Plans to sustain the program at the end of the funding cycle.
- List of current Board of Directors (uploaded as attachment)
- Community Funding Income/Expense Worksheet (use the linked form and upload as attachment)
- Copy of the organization's 501c3 determination letter from the IRS (upload as attachment)
- W-9 (use the linked form and upload as attachment)
HOW ARE APPROVALS DETERMINED? City staff reviews the applications for completeness and eligibility. A subcommittee of three council members review and discuss the applications and make funding recommendations. The subcommittee recommendations are sent to the full City Council for approval at a Regular meeting. Checks are awarded in July.
WHAT ARE THE REPORTING REQUIREMENTS? If you are the recipient of a Community Funding Award, your six-month progress report will be due the 3rd Monday in January. Your final report is due the 3rd Monday in July. All reports should use the template found by following the link below and can be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, email email@example.com or call 623-882-7801.