RECRUITMENT FOR THE WATER CONSERVATION COMMITTEE
On February 22, 2016, the Goodyear City Council adopted Resolution No. 16-1717, creating an hoc committee to be known as the Water Conservation Committee, and adopting by-laws for the committee. If you are interested in applying to serve on this body, please review the information below and click on the link at the bottom to take you to the application. The application deadline is April 30, 2016. If you have additional questions, feel free to contact Sandra Rode, water conservation specialist, at 623-882-7509 or email@example.com.
The Water Conservation Committee will review current water usage patterns in the city and develop recommendations to reduce usage and establish priorities for water conservation initiatives for the next five years to recommend to Council and staff. This ad hoc committee will focus on reducing outdoor water use in its 8-10 meetings per year. Resident water rate payers and stakeholders in the landscape industry, building/development, and property management sectors will participate.
TERM AND TERM LIMITS
The Water Conservation Committee's duration will be for approximately two years. There are no term limits for members. The Committee will cease to exist by June 30, 2018, or 24 months after its first meeting.
1. Eighteen years of age or older
2. Registered voter in Arizona
3. Either a residential rate payer or outdoor water use stake holder as defined below:
a. Residential rate payer for water service from City of Goodyear, Liberty Utilities or EPCOR Water at an address in Goodyear or its water/sewer service area.
1. Must have lived at this address for at least one year.
b. Other types of stakeholder members may be resident or non-resident but must have employment or business connections to Goodyear as below. See Application for more information.
1. Own and operate or represent a corporate entity that owns and operates a business located in Goodyear OR
2. Own property within Goodyear OR
3. Represent a public entity that operates within Goodyear.
4. Employees, members of City Council and their family members are not eligible.
5. Voting members of two or more boards, commissions or committees of the City are not eligible.