Need Help? Please Call 623-932-3004
Select Option #2
Goodyear makes getting these permits easy!
Avoid waiting in line or coming down to the city’s offices and apply for a permit in the comfort of your office or home with our ”Permit by Email” program!
If you would like to sit down with a Building Safety Plan Reviewer and file an application in person, you may utilize our "Over the Counter Plan Review" program. This option also keeps you from waiting in line and ensures that your permit questions and application get the time you need so that your project goes smoothly.
”Tracking Building Permits Online” also makes your experience easier!
Permit by Email
Permit by Email Review Process:
Below is a complete list of permit applications that may be processed by the new program.
For the following applications with no construction plans please use this: Building Permit Application
A/C Replacement (like for like)
Electric Meter Clearance /Derate***
Fire Sprinkler (with fire standard plan on file)
Gas Meter Clearance
Miscellaneous residential electric work
New Residential Electric Panel (maximum 200 amps)
Residential Irrigation (electrical timer only)
Residential Irrigation (vacuum breaker only)
Residential Propane (LPG) tanks (500 lb max)
Solar Pool Pump***
Solar Water Heater***
Temporary Power (maximum 200 amps)
Water Heater Replacement
Water Softener (install for pre-plumbed loop does not require a permit)
***Plans are required to be available on site for the inspector, but not to be submitted for review.
Applications with construction plans:
|Residential - Standard Plan Checklist|
|Patio Cover (aluma-wood lattice or solid) Checklist|
To participate in this program you can email your applications to email@example.com.
Click on the link for a complete list of all of our Documents and Forms.
Over The Counter Plan Review
What Projects Qualify?
- Interior only improvements
- Group “B” Occupancy, maximum 3000 sq ft
- Group “M” Occupancy, maximum 2000 sq ft
- Group “S-1” Occupancy, maximum 15,000 sq ft, storage less than 12’, and no hazardous materials
- Fire sprinkler or fire alarm associated with any one of the above tenant improvements
- Change of Occupant - providing the proposed use and occupancy classification remain unchanged from the current Certificate of Occupancy
- Other work of minor nature (requires approval by the Building Official)
- Documents and Forms
Who Needs to Attend the Meeting?
- Owner or Owner’s representative.
- It is strongly recommended that the Registered Design Professional of record attend the meeting to expedite the approval of the plans. A Registered Design Professional is not required for change of occupant permits. It is also recommended that the NICET Technician attend the meeting for fire plans.
How Do I Schedule a Meeting?
- Download the Over the Counter Plan Review Request form from the list below.
- E-mail completed form to: Debbie.White@goodyearaz.gov
- Permit Administrator will notify applicant to schedule a meeting within 24 hours of approving the request
Meeting Days and Times
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Meetings are scheduled for one hour maximum.
- Meeting Location: Development Services Department