Goodyear makes getting these permits easy!
Avoid waiting in line or coming down to the city’s offices and apply for a permit in the comfort of your office or home with our ”Permit by Email” program!
If you would like to sit down with a Building Safety Plan Reviewer and file an application in person, you may utilize our "Over the Counter Plan Review" program. This option also keeps you from waiting in line and ensures that your permit questions and application get the time you need so that your project goes smoothly.
”Tracking Building Permits Online” also makes your experience easier!
Permit by Email
Permit by Email Review Process:
Below is a complete list of permit applications that may be processed by the new program.
For the following applications with no construction plans please use this: Building Permit Application
A/C Replacement (like for like)
Electric Meter Clearance /Derate***
Fire Sprinkler (with fire standard plan on file)
Gas Meter Clearance
Miscellaneous residential electric work
New Residential Electric Panel (maximum 200 amps)
Residential Irrigation (electrical timer only)
Residential Irrigation (vacuum breaker only)
Residential Propane (LPG) tanks (500 lb max)
Solar Pool Pump***
Solar Water Heater***
Temporary Power (maximum 200 amps)
Water Heater Replacement
Water Softener (install/replace)
***Plans are required to be available on site for the inspector, but not to be submitted for review.
Applications with construction plans:
|Gasline Permit Application - Fillable|
|New Standard Single Family Dwelling Permit Application|
|Patio Cover (aluma-wood lattice or solid) Permit Application - Fillable|
|Pool-Spa Permit Application - Fillable|
To participate in this program you can email your applications to email@example.com.
Click on the link for a complete list of all of our Documents and Forms.
Questions call: 623-932-3004 or refer to Policies and Procedures.
Over The Counter Plan Review
What Projects Qualify?
- Interior only improvements
- Group “B” Occupancy, maximum 3000 sq ft
- Group “M” Occupancy, maximum 2000 sq ft
- Group “S-1” Occupancy, maximum 15,000 sq ft, storage less than 12’, and no hazardous materials
- Fire sprinkler or fire alarm associated with any one of the above tenant improvements
- Change of Occupant - providing the proposed use and occupancy classification remain unchanged from the current Certificate of Occupancy
- Other work of minor nature (requires approval by the Building Official)
Who Needs to Attend the Meeting?
- Owner or Owner’s representative.
- It is strongly recommended that the Registered Design Professional of record attend the meeting to expedite the approval of the plans. A Registered Design Professional is not required for change of occupant permits. It is also recommended that the NICET Technician attend the meeting for fire plans.
How Do I Schedule a Meeting?
- Download the "Over the Counter Plan Review Request" form from the list below.
- E-mail completed form to: Debbie.White@goodyearaz.gov
- Permit Administrator will notify applicant to schedule a meeting within 24 hours of approving the request
Meeting Days and Times
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Meetings are scheduled for one hour maximum.
Development Services Department
- Bring completed “Building/Fire Tenant Improvement/Change of Occupant Submittal Checklist”.
- Make sure your plans are complete.
- Make sure your application(s) are complete.
- Be prepared to pay fees (a fee estimate may be requested in advance of the meeting).
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled meeting time.
- Provide 24 hours notice of cancellation.
14455 W. Van Buren St., Suite D101, Goodyear, AZ 85338
Arrive Prepared for a Successful Review
Fee Estimate Request
Tracking Building Permits Online
Welcome to Goodyear’s online building permit tracking system, also known as Click2Gov or C2G. You will no longer have to stand in line or hold on the phone when scheduling an inspection or to check the status of a permit. Click2Gov allows the customer/contractor to check the status of permits, inspections and plans. You can even schedule or cancel inspections from the comfort of your home or office. Please refer to the appropriate inspection brochure: Building Inspection Brochure and/or Fire Construction Inspection Brochure.
To Track a Permit
In order to use the system, you will need your application number or building permit number and your pin number. The pin number is found on the printed permit and can be located below the permit number. Click on Track a Building Permit then follow the instructions.
As a contractor or project manager, you can set up a Master Account. The Master Account feature allows you, the contractor or project manager, to view all the permits issued to your Company. It's an easy way to verify the plan review status, fees, and inspection results for multiple projects.
As a resident of the City of Goodyear, you will be able to view your permits as well using Click2Gov. This easy to use system allows you to review the status of your permit application, schedule inspections and view the results of the completed inspections.
You will be leaving the City of Goodyear’s Website and entering the encrypted secured building permit system Website. This Website is secured via VeriSign®, which is the leading secure sockets layer (SSL) Certificate Authority enabling secure e-commerce and is the trusted mark of high assurance for Internet security and enables the strongest SSL encryption available to every site visitor.