14455 West Van Buren Street
Goodyear, AZ 85338
Hours of Operation
7:30 AM - 5 PM
What we do
Code Compliance's goal is to keep our neighborhoods beautiful. We work to educate citizens on city property code requirements, build relationships, and facilitate mediation when necessary. Primary duties include providing information about City codes for property maintenance, zoning, variances and signage, and encouraging voluntary compliance. Proactive field inspections and response to citizen complaints lead to enforcement through established procedures when voluntary compliance does not occur.
When a complaint is received, the following steps are taken:
- Complaint received - case opened and processed
- Letter/Advisory Notice to owner/occupant of property regarding violation
- First Inspection (within 14 days after complaint received)
- Official Notice if violation still exists
- 2nd Inspection (within 14 days of Official Notice)
- Final Notice
- Inspection (within 14 days of Final Notice)
- Legal Action
The goal of the code Compliance Office is to obtain compliance. At times extensions are granted to correct violations. To report a possible violation, please use the Report a Problem link or contact Code Compliance at 623-882-7815.