Restaurant/Hotel

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Restaurant, Bar and Transient Lodging Tax

Who Is Taxed?

Revenue from restaurants and bars are subject to a City Sales Tax rate of 4% (GY011).

Examples of these taxable businesses include, but are not limited to:

  • standard eat-in restaurant or take-out
  • restaurant serving food to eat-in or take-out
  • deli selling prepared food
  • bars, taverns, etc.
  • ice cream parlors
  • bakeries with facilities for eating on the premise or take-out
  • catering businesses
  • mobile vendors

Revenue from hotels, motels, and businesses renting or leasing to persons staying less than six consecutive months are subject to a City Sales Tax rate of 5%.

Examples of these taxable businesses include, but are not limited to:

  • hotels, motels
  • campgrounds
  • trailer parks

Procedures for Tax Payment

The City of Goodyear is in the State collection system. Please apply for a City sales tax license through the Arizona Department of Revenue; then report and pay City sales tax on the state sales tax return under the city code GY011 (4%) for restaurants.

Hotels and motels report and pay City sales tax on the state sales tax return under the city code GY044 (2.5%) and GY144 (2.5%) for a combined total of 5%. License applications are available through the City of Goodyear, Finance Department, or the Arizona Department of Revenue, License Department, 1600 W. Monroe, Phoenix, AZ 85007 602-542-2076, or by visiting the State's website.

 

Top Last Updated: 1/21/2015