Total value of $21,500
They came, they conquered, but most of all they got the jobs done and made a difference.
Nearly 250 volunteers from several community groups and the City of Goodyear completed projects that helped the City's residents and improved its neighborhoods, as part of the national Make a Difference Day event on Saturday, October 25, 2014.
Make A Difference Day, held annually on the fourth Saturday in October, is the largest national day of volunteering - a celebration of neighbors helping neighbors.
In Goodyear, volunteers worked together on 10 projects, including:
- Painting the homes of five Goodyear senior residents
- Painting and cutting overgrown underbrush around two City well sites
- Painting nearly 90 fire hydrants in Estrella
- Refreshing the paint on the US and World Maps at Estrella Mountain Elementary School
- Distributing door hangers with information on the City of Goodyear Library to over 400 homes in Historic Goodyear.
View the Make a Difference Day 2014 Photo Album.
Special thanks to the following participants for their support:
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Palm Valley Church
- Franklin Pierce University
- Desert Edge High School
- Estrella Foothills High School
- Millennium High School
- Verrado High School
- Estrella Mountain Elementary School
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Humana RightSource Pharmacy
- McLane Sunwest
- Papa John's
Special mention and thanks to the eagle scout candidate who helped managed one of the projects this year.