Nearly 400 volunteers
Total value of about $34,000
On Saturday, October 28, 2017, the City of Goodyear celebrated its 10th Make a Difference Day, which coincides with Make a Difference Day held nationally every 4th Saturday of October. It is the largest national day of volunteering - a celebration of neighbors helping neighbors.
Nearly 400 volunteers from several community groups completed projects that helped the City's residents and improved its neighborhoods. Volunteers worked together on 13 projects – 1 project distributing YANA door hangers to over 2,000 homes and 600 apartments in North Subdivision, Historic Goodyear, Canada Village and Wildflower Subdivision, and 12 projects painting various structures within the City, including the following:
- Exterior of homes of 2 Goodyear senior residents
- Skate Park perimeter fence
- Decorative railings at Bullard Wash Phase 2
- Over 120 fire hydrants in Estrella
- Ramp railings at Wildflower Park North and South, and
- Safety bollards in 3 City well sites.
View the Make a Difference Day 2017 Photo Album.
Special thanks to the following Eagle Scout candidates, volunteer groups, and donors for their support.
- Eagle Scout Candidates L. Christensen and S. Davis
- The Honey Foundation
- Aktion Club
- Kiwanis of Litchfield
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Palm Valley Church
- The Church at Litchfield Park
- Franklin Pierce University
- Agua Fria High School
- Desert Edge High School
- Estrella Foothills High School
- La Joya High School
- Millennium High School
- Verrado High School
- The Odyssey Preparatory Academy Goodyear
- Western Sky Middle School
- Sherwin Williams (paint)
- Trend Drywall & Painting (spray painting services)
- Papa John's (discounted pizzas)