The City of Goodyear offers Swim Lessons taught by American Red Cross certified instructors. The program starts at six months of age and requires parent involvement. You can help by providing for your child's safety around water at all times, maintaining enthusiasm and a positive attitude about learning to swim, ensuring your child attends each swim lesson (unless they are sick), discussing and applying water safety rules, and practicing the fundamental skills your child is learning in class. Lessons are conducted over two weeks with eight 30-minute sessions.
Cost per session: $30 ($35 Non-Resident)
Class Location: All classes will take place at the Goodyear Community Pool, 430 E. Loma Linda Blvd. Goodyear, 85338
Please review CDC's recommendations on healthy swimming.
Swim Lesson Class Descriptions:
Swim Lesson Sessions:
Registration for each class takes place one week prior to each new session beginning with Goodyear residents registering on Monday and Tuesday; Non-residents on Wednesday. Registration ends on the Friday prior to each new session.
|Session 1||May 20-31||Registration available May 13-17|
|Session 2||June 3-14||Registration available May 27-31|
|Session 3||June 17-28||Registration available June 10-14|
|Session 4||July 1-July 12 (no class July 4)||Registration available June 24-28|
|Session 5||July 15-26||Registration available July 8-12|
- No refunds, changes or transfers will be made 3 days prior to the 1st class of each session. Make-ups will not be available for absences due to illness, vacation, etc. Classes canceled due to weather or unsafe conditions may be rescheduled as the schedule permits, but are not guaranteed.
- Classes may be canceled the Friday prior to the start of class if minimum enrollment is not met.
- The City reserves the right to add, change, combine, and omit classes as needed, as well as place children in their appropriate levels (as space permits)
- Parents who register their children in the wrong lesson will not be permitted to change classes if space is not available.
- Classes will not be overbooked for safety reasons.
- The parent's observation area is located in the bleachers north of the facility; parents must remain in the designated observation area during lessons unless registered in the Parent/Child Class.
- Children who wear diapers or are not potty trained must have a swim diaper on while in the pool.
| Recreation Office: 3075 N Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ 85395
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.