The City of Goodyear needs your help!
The new Recreation Campus is part of the City Council’s vision to offer healthy choices and recreation opportunities. The park needs a name and that is where you come in. Parks & Recreation is soliciting feedback from residents and the community to find the new name for Goodyear’s Recreation Campus.
The City has a set of standards for naming any park within the City. Below you will find the criteria for naming the park. The park needs to meet at least one of the criteria outlined below in order to be considered as a future park name. Park name submissions will be evaluated by the Parks & Recreation Commission and ultimately selected by the Goodyear City Council.
Submissions are due by 11:59pm by Tuesday, May 28, 2019.
Standards for naming the park:
- A street adjacent to the park
- Predominant physical features in or adjacent to the park
- The subdivision in which the property is located
- A significant historical feature or event
- Themed naming: Any name related to the theme of the site, surrounding area or City
- An individual or group who has made exceptional contributions to the parks and recreation services. Exceptional contributions include:
- Significant financial contribution for the acquisition and/or the development of the park facility
- Providing direct and significant volunteer services benefitting the public as a local or community leader
With this criteria in mind, please submit your idea for a new name for the park!