American Red Cross - Lifeguard Training Course (15+ years)
If you’re thinking about a great summer job, think about becoming a lifeguard! Those interested in being a lifeguard MUST complete a lifeguard certification course that teaches many skills that will last a lifetime. This course provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skill to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over. Price includes books, CPR mask, Lifeguard certification card and CPR/AED & Basic First Aid certification card (if student successfully passes the course). Participants must attend ALL scheduled classes.
- Must be 15 years of age or older and attend all sessions.
- Swim 300 yards continuously using the breaststroke or front crawl.
- Tread water for 2 minutes.
- Swim 20 yards from the wall, retrieve a 10 lb. brick at a depth of 10 feet and return to the wall in 1:40 seconds. (Participants must complete this portion before moving on to the next part, 3 tries to complete.)
- Score 80% or better on a written exam, pass a technical performance and simulation practical exam.
* Participants must complete this portion before moving on to the next part, and have three tries to complete the pre-requisites. Participants that fail to complete the prerequisites will not be issued a refund.
Class Dates & Time: Saturday, March 9 through Tuesday, March 12 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Goodyear Community Pool, 430 E. Loma Linda Blvd.
Cost: $160 ($200 NR)
No refunds will be issued five days prior to the class start date.
|Recreation Office - 3075 N Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ 85395
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Phone : 623-882-7525