The City of Goodyear offers a variety of youth sports leagues throughout the school year for children 4 to 15 years of age. Our programs is designed to educate youth about the specific sport, while emphasizing development in teamwork, participation, and sportsmanship. Players learn skills and lessons that help them succeed both on and off the field/court. We offer several youth sports leagues to choose from throughout the school year including:
- Volleyball for children ages 7 to 15 years
- Flag Football for children ages 5 to 12 years
- Baseball for children ages 5 to 12 years
We Need Volunteer Coaches!
All of our youth sports leagues require volunteer coaches. We provide coaches training and documentation to assist new coaches with the prospect of coaching youth sports for the first time. The time commitment ranges from 7 to 12 weeks with approximately 4-5 hours per week (two 1-hour practices a week, and a 1-2 hour game on Saturdays). Coaches are to assist in providing young players a fun and exciting opportunity to engage in non-contact, continuous action while developing the skills necessary to become successful players.
Incentives for Coaching
- A credit will be applied to the recreation account to be used towards a future program at the end of the season (Head Coach only)
- Opportunity to request up to 4 players on your team not including your own child
- Informational materials, coach’s clinics, and/or coach’s orientation/season kickoff
- Exclusive Coach’s shirt and ability to pick team color
- Ability to pick practice time (based on age and space availability)
- Obtain volunteer hours
- Participation in Volunteer Appreciation Celebration (annually)
- Applicant must be 18 years of age
- Submit a Volunteer Application
- Submit a Background Consent (Seasonally)
- Pass the Level 1 DPS Fingerprint Clearance or submit a valid Level 1 DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card upon application to coach.
- Abide by the Code of Conduct
- Coaches are expected attend the coaches meeting prior to the start of each season and are responsible for contacting their teams after the meeting.
- Ability to deal professionally and tactfully with players, their parents, other coaches, officials, spectators, and recreation staff.
- Effectively communicate with parents on the practice schedule, game schedule, pictures day, end of team party and other misc. items that arise throughout the season.
Essential Coaching Functions:
- Develop and implement meaningful and instructive practice plans.
- Teach participants the importance of sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Teach participants the rules and regulations of the sport and program.
Please contact Kristen Ennis at 623-882-7352 with any questions.
|Recreation Office - 3075 N Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ 85395
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Phone : 623-882-7525