Off Duty Information
Please refer to the following information if you would like to hire a Goodyear Police Officer for your event or job.
To contract an officer(s) for your event or job, please fill out the Off-Duty Contract (link below) and sign it at the bottom right hand side of the last page. Email or fax the signed contract with the requested Certificate of Insurance and described endorsements to the email and fax number provided for the Off-Duty Coordinator listed at the bottom. When all approved documents are received and signed by the Chief of Police, you will be contacted for scheduling.
Remember, your event/job cannot be posted for off-duty officers to fill until all approved documents are received and approved. Please give advanced time for posting of your job to assist with scheduling.
The Off-Duty Coordinator will make every effort to get your event/job filled but this cannot be guaranteed, especially if it is a late request. The Off-Duty Coordinator will attempt to make notification at least one business day prior to the event/job to the contractor if the position is not filled.
• Some of the jobs off duty officers are typically hired for within the City of Goodyear:
• Traffic control at constructions sites
• Traffic control/security for special events ( races, concerts, parades, carnivals)
• Security at apartment communities and HOA communities
• Security at various businesses (i.e., grocery stores, hotels, hospitals, restaurants)
• Traffic control/security at various churches
• Traffic control/security at various school functions
• Security at private events (i.e., weddings, city approved block parties, quinceaneras)
• Officers cannot be contracted to work events/jobs where their authority as a peace officer is restricted.
• Officers cannot be contracted to work for employers who are involved in serious labor disputes.
• Contracted officers are required to be in full uniform unless there is a special request and the request has prior approval by the Chief of Police.
• Contracted officers shall not work outside the City of Goodyear without prior authorization from the Chief of Police.
Off Duty Fee Schedule
• Police Officer $40.00 per hour
• Sergeant $45.00 per hour (If acting in supervisory capacity)
• Lieutenant $50.00 per hour (If acting in supervisory capacity)
• Police Vehicle Fee $5.00 per hour (required unless approved by the Chief of Police)
• Workers’ Compensation Fee $7.00 per officer/per shift unless contractor provides coverage
• One officer is required for every 1000 participants
• One sergeant is required for every four police officers
• One lieutenant is required for every four sergeants.
• Disclaimer: Based on the event, the Off-Duty Coordinator may require more officers than requested.
Off Duty Details and Rules
• A 12 hour notice by email is required in the canceling of the job. Contractor agrees to pay 4 hours of time for each officer cancelled if contractor fails to give 12 hours prior notice during regular business hours.
• Contractors will be assessed a minimum fee of four (4) hours for each contracted officer hired to work the event/job and a vehicle use fee.
• All invoicing will be mailed out the following week after the event/job for payment. Payment for the contracted officer is requested to be paid within 2 weeks of the invoice date. Payment must be received within 30 days of receiving the invoice. Any payment not received by the City and officer within 30 days of initial billing date is delinquent and will accrue interest at the rate of 10% per annum and may be sent to collections and the Contractor assessed costs and reasonable attorney fees for the collection of unpaid balance.
• Checks are requested for payment. CHECKS MUST BE MADE OUT TO THE OFFICER/S INDIVIDUALLY. Checks for fees such as vehicle fee and workman’s comp must be made out to the City of Goodyear.
• Checks are to be mailed to: Off Duty Coordinator, Goodyear Police Department, 14455 W. Van Buren St. Goodyear, AZ 85338. If multiple officers were contracted, all checks can all be placed in one envelope to be mailed to the Off Duty Coordinator.
Off Duty Contract and Insurance Information
Click Here to download the Off-Duty Work (fillable) Contract.
Click Here for Insurance and Endorsement Example.
Off-Duty Documents/ Information Needed
Before any off-duty jobs can be scheduled, the Off Duty Coordinator must obtain a complete and signed contract from the contractor, which includes proof of workers’ compensation insurance, and General Commercial Liability Insurance along with the proper endorsement. Refer to the contract for workers’ compensation insurance options.
CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE: The Off Duty Coordinator must obtain a certificate of insurance, and endorsement, for general liability from the Contractor prior to assigning employees to work off duty assignments. The certificate of insurance and endorsement must name and specifically endorse the “City of Goodyear and the assigned unnamed off duty Goodyear Police Officer” as an additional insured and be in the amount required as per the City of Goodyear Off duty Contract.
Commercial General Liability Insurance. This policy shall cover property damage, bodily injury, including death and the liability assumed under the indemnification provisions of this Agreement, with a limit of not less than $1,000,000 for each occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate. Policy shall include coverage for personal and advertising injury, blanket contractual liability both oral and written and fire legal. Policy shall be endorsed to include the “City of Goodyear” as additional insured and waive subrogation in favor of additional insured.
Contract Insurance Requirements for City of Goodyear Vendors
Your agreement with the City of Goodyear Police Department will require a Certificate of Insurance and an Additional Insured Endorsement.
Please see the section of your contract identified as “Insurance/Indemnification.” This section of the contract sets forth the requirements for liability limits/coverage requirements and which entities should be included as additional insureds.
Failure to include the correct information may result in a delay in final contract execution or result in the expiration of your contract without the option to renew.
Please ensure that documents submitted for this contractual requirement include the following information:
• A Certificate of Insurance (COI)
• A separate COI is necessary for all certificate holders as required by the contract.
• All contracts require the City of Goodyear as a certificate holder. The City’s address should be included in the additional insured box as follows: City of Goodyear, 190 N. Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ 85338
NOTE A SEPARATE COI IS NECESSARY FOR EACH ADDITIONAL INSURED
• Liability Limits: The Certificate of Insurance must include the liability limits required by the contract.
• Policy Effective Dates: The event or activity date(s) listed on the contract must fall within the insurance policy effective dates and must be effective during the date of the contract period.
• COI Description: The COI Description section must include the following information:
A Description of the type of service(s) the vendor is providing
Subrogation language – if required by the contract
City of Goodyear Contract number if available
• Authorized Representative: The Certificate of Insurance must be signed by an authorized representative
• Additional Insured Endorsement
• Must include the same policy number listed on the Certificate of Insurance. ENDORSEMENTS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE POLICY NUMBER WILL BE REJECTED.
Depending on the endorsement type, the each additional insured should be listed on the endorsement. (Note: A “generic” endorsement should include highlighted language which indicates that the City is covered by the endorsement.)
Off Duty Coordinator Contact Information
Lieutenant J. DeHaan
All requests for off-duty services shall be sent to email@example.com
If you have a request or have a change after hours or on Holidays, please understand that you most likely will not get a reply until regular business hours. That means cancellations requested after hours may not get seen until the following business day.
Hours of Operations for Off-Duty Coordinator
Monday – Friday, 0800-1600 Hours, excluding holidays