G.A.I.N. is a statewide day of celebration for the success of crime prevention through community involvement.
Goodyear neighborhoods are encouraged to celebrate by planning their own community event* between 10AM–1PM on Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014.
Neighborhood G.A.I.N. events:
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs.
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships.
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness.
- Promote getting to know your neighbors!
Host a community event* in your neighborhood between 10AM-1PM on Nov. 1st, and register it with the City of Goodyear by Sept. 22nd to get a FREE “Involvement Kit” to help with your event!
Registered Events Will Get:
- An involvement kit, filled with brochures, fliers and goodies to give away during your event.
- A special visit from city officials like mayor, council, and/or the police or fire chief.
- An added attraction such as a police motorcycle, police car or fire truck.
*If you anticipate more than 50 people in attendance, a special event application is required.
Things to Do at Your Event:
- Establish a Neighborhood Watch.
- Introduce Neighborhood Watch leaders.
- Welcome new residents.
- Give crime prevention tips.
- Public safety-themed chalk art contest.
- Face painting.
- Water balloon toss or Hula-hoop contest.
- Scavenger hunt.
- Beautify a common area.
- Neighbor-helping-neighbor projects.
Things to Eat at Your Event:
- BYO Picnic
- Order Pizza
- Hamburgers and Hot Dogs prepared on existing neighborhood park grill
For more information, contact:
Christina Plante, neighborhood services, 623-882-7801
Officer James Nottingham, 623-606-4044
Officer Eric Webster, 623-606-4742