General Rules about Your Containers
- The City of Goodyear allows its customers to choose from three sizes of containers for both trash and recycling. We offer 95-gallon and 65-gallon containers. Each new resident is required to choose containers when signing up for City of Goodyear sanitation collection services.
- Sanitation customers will be charged $6.26 monthly for each additional trash container.
- Containers belong to the City – not to residents. Containers are assigned to a specific address and marked with serial numbers. When a resident closes their account, the containers must be accessible for removal.
- Each household has the right to change the size of the trash or recycling containers once per year free of charge if you find the size you have chosen no longer works for your family’s lifestyle. Residents shall be responsible for paying a $40 fee for any additional changes that year. The City reserves the right to provide a larger trash or recycling container to any resident that continuously evidences insufficient container capacity as exhibited by container overflows, spillage and/or litter.
- The City will charge an additional monthly fee of $6.26 to any residential account refusing to accept a recycling container. The reason for this penalty charge is to encourage recycling because the City better contains its costs with recycling. We pay a tipping fee per ton of trash we take to a landfill, but pay nothing for the tonnage we take to recycling centers.
Damaged and Stolen Containers
- The City of Goodyear will deliver, replace, remove or repair any container on the next scheduled service day subsequent to the City receiving the request. Please call 623-882-7887.
- If a resident reports a stolen container (623-882-7887), the City will report this claim to the Police Department. The resident must respond to Police and Sanitation inquiries. The City will deliver a replacement container within two business days of obtaining a Police report.
- Any container that is damaged due to resident negligence, such as fire caused by placing hazardous materials or hot ashes in the container, will be replaced at the expense of the resident.