Appeals for Civil Traffic & Criminal Cases

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

How to appeal a final judgment of the Goodyear Municipal Court for civil traffic or criminal cases:

  • You have the right to appeal a final decision/judgment of the Goodyear Municipal Court, for both civil and criminal cases, by filing a Notice of Appeal to the Maricopa County Superior Court. This appeal must be filed within 14 calendar days of the judgment of Responsible/Guilty being entered against you. You will be advised of your appeal rights following sentencing in your case.
  • In ruling on your appeal, the Superior Court will review the issues of law arising from your trial or hearing. Your appeal will not result in a retrial of the case by the Superior Court. Ordinarily no new trial is set and you will not be allowed to present new evidence or testimony on appeal.

If you wish to pursue an appeal, you can appear at the Goodyear Municipal Court and ask for an appeal packet if one was not given to you on the day of your hearing. The packet will provide more detailed information on the requirements of the appeal process, including cost of transcripts and filing requirements.