INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILING A MOTION TO CONTINUE
- Print theMotion to Continue Form [PDF]
- Fill out the form and file it with the Court
- To file with the Court, you must submit the completed motion to the Court by email, mail, fax or in person
- Motions must be received a minimum of 5 business days prior to your court date, in order for the Court to process your motion and send out a ruling from the Judge. Some judges may wait until your court date to rule on your motion.
- The judge's ruling will be returned to you by mail.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your Motion is received by the Court. You must call to confirm that the court received it once you submit it by calling 623-882-7200. Please wait about one hour if you submit it via fax or about 2 working days from the date you mail it before calling to allow the Court time to process your motion.
Filing by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Your email must include your name, case information (such as complaint or case number), your phone number and your mailing address. Responses are sent via mail, not via email.
Filing by Fax: Submit by fax to the Goodyear Municipal Court at 623-932-6936
Filing by Mail:
Goodyear Municipal Court
14455 W. Van Buren St., Suite B101
Goodyear, AZ 85338