Nearly 300 volunteers
Over 1,000 hours
Total value of nearly $26,000
On Saturday, October 27, 2018, the City of Goodyear celebrated its 11th Make a Difference Day, which coincides with Make a Difference Day held nationally every 4th Saturday of October. It is the largest national day of volunteering - a celebration of neighbors helping neighbors.
Nearly 300 volunteers from several community groups completed projects that helped the City's residents and improved its neighborhoods. Volunteers worked together on 12 projects, including:
- Planting trees and shrubs at Goodyear Community Park,
- Spreading wood chips at Falcon, Portales and Rio Paseo parks,
- Constructing a code-compliant driveway and cleaning the yard of a low-income senior Goodyear resident,
- Cleaning up right of ways on sections of Estrella Parkway and Cotton lane, and
- Painting various structures within the City, including:
- Exterior of homes of 2 Goodyear senior residents
- 114 fire hydrants in Canyon Trails, Wade Acres and Travis Park, and
- Perimeter masonry walls around 2 City well sites.
View the Make a Difference Day 2018 Photo Album.
Special thanks to the following Eagle Scout candidates, volunteer groups, and donors for their support.
- Eagle Scout Candidates J. Carpenter and R. Patton
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Desert Springs Community Church
- Palm Valley Church
- Franklin Pierce University
- Desert Edge High School
- Millennium High School
- Verrado High School
- The Odyssey Preparatory Academy
- Western Sky Middle School
- Wells Fargo
- Pat’s Pack and Cotton Lane Crew
- The Honey Foundation
- Rotary Club of Goodyear Pebble Creek (also donated 14 trees)
- Sherwin Williams (paint)
- Procon Professional Concrete LLC (concrete and installation services)
- Pepsico (Gatorade)
- Papa John's (discounted pizzas)