Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Other Helpful Resources

    Senior legal advice:  Arizona Attorney General's Office Elder Help Line (602) 542.2124
    Bankruptcy Hotline: (866) 553-0893
  • Can you recommend a lawyer? I cannot afford an attorney. Will you represent me in my lawsuit?

    The City Attorney’s Office does not provide legal services or attorney recommendations to the general public.  Here are a few agencies that may be able to assist you with a referral to an attorney:

    Free & Reduced Fees Legal Aid Resources (866) 637-5341



  • How do I serve a lawsuit on the City of Goodyear?

    The City Clerk is the Agent for Service of Process for the City of Goodyear only.  Please contact the City Clerk’s Office, 190 N. Litchfield Road, Goodyear, AZ 85338 or (623) 882-7830.
  • Where do I file a claim against the City of Goodyear?

    To file a claim against the City of Goodyear, please fill out a claim form and submit it to the City Clerk’s office.  Please be sure to fill out the form completely, as an incomplete or incorrect form may delay the processing of your claim.

    The original completed Claim Form must be presented to:

    City Clerk
    City of Goodyear
    190 N. Litchfield Road
    Goodyear, AZ 85338

    Claims may be presented in person or by mail. For additional information, please call the City Clerk’s Office at (623) 882-7830.
  • How do I make a Public Records Request for public documents?

    The Arizona Public Records Act requires Goodyear to make certain public records available for inspection and copying.  The Public Records Act is designed to give the public access to information in possession of public agencies. 

    Public records requests should be submitted in writing to create a clear record of the request.  A written request that is clear and concise also helps the City respond to your request in a timely and efficient manner.

    For more information on submitting public records requests or to download or submit a request on line, please visit our City Clerk’s website – Public Records Requests.

  • Who does the City Attorney represent?

    The City Attorney is the attorney for the City of Goodyear.  The attorneys in the office provide legal services to the Mayor, City Council, City Clerk, and all city departments of the City of Goodyear, regarding official city business.
  • Can the City Attorney’s office represent private citizens?

    No.  The City Attorney and the Assistant City Attorneys cannot represent individuals in private legal matters.