HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
11 N. 145th Avenue
Email: impounds @goodyearaz.gov
|Accepted methods of payment:
CASH or MONEY ORDER (Made out to: The City of Goodyear)
Lien Holder & Repossession Information
A lien holder may be a motor vehicle dealer, bank, credit union or acceptance corporation or any other licensed financial institution legally operating in this state or is another person who is not the owner and who holds a security interest in the vehicle. The lien holder must have been listed as the lien holder on the MVD record at the time of the tow or impound in order to be granted a release. The lien must still be in force in order for the lien holder to qualify.
REQUIRED INFORMATION / DOCUMENTS:
- A notarized "Repossession Affidavit" from the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division. Click here for a copy.
- A notarized City of Goodyear "Operation and Hold Harmless" . The "Hold Harmless" must include:
- the debtor's name and loan account number
- the entire Vehicle Identification Number
- and the vehicle year, make, model
- must be printed on company letterhead. Click here for a copy of the Operation and Hold Harmless letter used by the City of Goodyear.
- Copy of the title, electronic or original.
- Payment in the form of exact cash or money order made to the City Of Goodyear.
In lieu of the affidavit from the Motor Vehicle Division or Power of Attorney, the lien holder may present a "Writ of Replevin" from any court. A "Writ of Replevin" is a court order to repossess property and must list the vehicle's description including the Vehicle Identification Number.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE NOTARIZED ORIGINAL, NO COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
RECORDS RETENTION REQUIREMENTS FOR LIEN HOLDERS, pursuant to A.R.S 28-3512(E):
Before a LIEN HOLDER releases the vehicle to the owner who was operating the vehicle at the time of removal and immobilization or impoundment, the LIEN HOLDER shall require the owner to present and shall retain for a period of at least three years from the date of releasing the vehicle a copy of all of the following:
- A driver license issued by this state or the owner's or owner's agent's state of domicile.
- A current vehicle registration or a valid salvage or dismantle certificate of title.
- Evidence that the vehicle is in compliance with the financial responsibility requirements of chapter 9, article 4 of this title.
- The LIEN HOLDER may require the owner to pay charges that the person incurred in connection with obtaining custody of the vehicle, including all immobilization, towing and storage charges that are related to the immobilization or impoundment of the vehicle and any administrative charges that are established pursuant to section 28-3513