Bulk Trash Collection Monthly Pickups
Bulk collections are for waste generated from normal residential activities that are too large to fit into your regular trash or recycling container. Each bulk item, with the exception of furniture and appliances, shall not exceed an accumulation of two cubic yards (about the size of a kitchen table 3'x3'x6') and be of a shape and size that two employees can safely lift without breaking. Please ensure that small amounts (items that can easily fit into a regular trash or recycling container) are disposed of utilizing your regular scheduled curbside collections.
Please look at the BULK TRASH ZONE MAP to determine which zone you live in. That zone will determine which day of the month your pickup occurs.
(Alternatively, you may use the Solid Waste Day Finder to find your Monthly Bulk Trash Day and/or Weekly Curbside Pickup Day.)
Bulk collection will shift only on the four major observed holidays. Bulk collections will shift if the holiday occurs on or before your scheduled day. So, please check the calendar and perform your landscape trimming accordingly on those months when you will be affected by a holiday.
For Each Bulk Collection Day
- All objects should be cut to 4' lengths.
- Grass clippings placed out for bulk collection must be double bagged or in sealed cardboard boxes.
- Glass items or items with a cutting edge or point, such as cacti, must be placed in sealed boxes and clearly labeled to prevent injury to workers.
- Place bulk trash in the street, next to the curb in front of your property. Do not place bulk materials in any manner that will interfere with or be hazardous to pedestrians or vehicles. All items should be placed away from electrical boxes, cable boxes, mailboxes, poles, water meters and existing landscape.
- Bulk material should be set out after 6:00 p.m. on the day preceding collection, but may be set out up to seven days prior to the customer’s scheduled bulk collection day. Bulk material set out after 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled collection day may not be serviced.
- It is the resident's responsibility to clean up small debris that may remain after collection.
Not Allowed for Bulk Collection
The following items will NOT be accepted for collections:
- Household trash
- Hazardous materials
- Large auto parts
- Dirt or mulch
- Large glass items, such as:
- Material from construction repair or demolition, such as:
- Roofing materials