Maricopa County Library District libraries are closed until further notice. This includes the Goodyear Library. The health and safety of all who enjoy our libraries remains our top priority.
All of our digital resources and eMedia are always available and can be accessed 24/7 on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Click here to learn more on how to stream music and movies, download eBooks and audio books, or read a digital magazine all from the comfort of your home.
Have questions about the library closure? Click here for answers to frequently asked questions.
Curbside Pickup is Here!
You can now safely pick up holds at the Goodyear Library. Curbside Pickup will be available Monday through Friday from 8 to 10 a.m.
- Reserve your items online or over the phone.
- Once your items become available you will be notified. You may then pick them up during curbside hours. You do not need to call ahead or book an appointment.
- When arriving, follow the posted signs to find the designated parking area.
- STAY IN YOUR CAR and one of our staff members will approach your window from a safe distance to ask you for your library bar code number.
- When they return with your items, please open the back of your vehicle so the staff member may safely place your items inside.
Extended Wi-Fi hours are also now available!
In an effort to continue providing access to library services during the temporary closure, the Goodyear Library has extended its Wi-Fi hours to better serve you! You can now access the Goodyear Branch Library Wi-Fi from their vehicle in the library parking lot from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., 7-days a week!
To access the Wi-Fi:
- Park in any parking space around the library
- Open your Wi-Fi settings and select "MCLD Wireless Public"
- Click "Accept"
- Start surfing the internet
The Goodyear Branch Library, located in the Goodyear Municipal Complex on Van Buren Street, opened in January 2014. The library was designed to be a gathering place for community members of all ages. There is a dedicated Children’s Area with age appropriate activities and 5 computers just for kids. Teens also have a space just for them with an area to be with friends, or to sit and enjoy something from our selection of teen materials. The library offers 9 public access computers for adults and teens, including a Digital Literacy station with software installed to assist with job searching. A large community space provides opportunities for many different types of library programs for customers of all ages.
The Goodyear Branch has over 24,000 items available for checkout in a variety of formats. The library is one of seventeen branches in the Maricopa County Library District, so customers have access to all 645,000 titles owned district wide. The Goodyear branch also provides access to several current magazines and newspapers, including the Wall Street Journal and New York Times.
14455 W. Van Buren Street, STE C101, Goodyear, AZ 85338
Hours (currently closed):
Monday – Wednesday 10am – 7pm
Thursday – Saturday 10am – 5pm
Sunday 1– 5pm