** Click Here for the 2019 Community Assessment **
CITY OF GOODYEAR COMMUNITY FUNDING PROGRAM
FY20-21 Applications Available Beginning May 18, 2020
DUE: Mon., June 15, 2020
To stay connected, please subscribe to receive Community Funding alerts.
About the Community Funding Program
WHO CAN APPLY? - Non-profits that provide human or social services to benefit Goodyear residents. The services provided should not be duplicated by the city or another service provider. Agencies should be able to track the number of Goodyear residents served.
WHEN ARE APPLICATIONS TAKEN? - Applications are typically opened in April/ May and are usually due within 3-4 weeks of the opening date.
HOW DO WE APPLY? Goodyear uses an online application process. Applications must be submitted using the form. Applications may not be submitted as hard copy or email attachments.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION? To help you prepare to complete the online application, it may be helpful to know the form requests:
- Name of organization and organization/application contact information.
- Priority population served: youth, families in crisis, special populations, other.
- Explanation of how, specifically, the funding request addresses one or more of the following funding priorities inspired by the 2019 Goodyear Community Assessment Findings:
- Expanding services available in the Goodyear Community that are designed to meet the needs of minority populations, people in (or at risk of being in) crisis, or the homeless
- Fostering social and cultural cohesion in Goodyear
- Innovative solutions to bring more mental health care services into Goodyear, particularly for youth
- Innovative transportation solutions for Goodyear residents, particularly those that help residents meet their health care needs
- Regional solutions that result in increased access and a greater variety of services available to Goodyear residents and the workforce
- How the number of Goodyear residents served is tracked, the number served in the previous fiscal year and the number anticipated to be served in the fiscal year for which funds are requested
- Other measurable outcomes
- Whether funds are being requested for a specific program/project or general operating support
- Dollar amount requested and minimum amount of funding that would be accepted to provide program/services described in application
- Other sources of funds requested to assist in meeting organization’s needs, including any other funding received from the city of Goodyear
- Plans to sustain the program at the end of the funding cycle
- List of current Board of Directors (uploaded as attachment)
- Community Funding Income/Expense Worksheet (use the linked form and upload as attachment)
- Copy of the organization's 501c3 determination letter from the IRS (upload as attachment)
- W-9 (use the linked form and upload as attachment)
IS THERE A PRE-APPLICATION MEETING? Yes. There was an optional pre-application webinar to review the application on Tues., May 26, 2020 at 2PM Arizona Time. View the webinar below:
Participation in the pre-application meeting is not required.
HOW ARE APPROVALS DETERMINED? City staff reviews the applications for completeness and eligibility. A subcommittee of three council members review and discuss the applications and make funding recommendations. The subcommittee recommendations are sent to the full City Council for approval at a Regular meeting. Checks are awarded in July.
WHAT ARE THE REPORTING REQUIREMENTS? If you are the recipient of a Community Funding Award, your six-month progress report will be due the 3rd Monday in January. Your final report is due the 3rd Monday in July. All reports should use the template found by following the link below and can be returned via email to email@example.com.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 623-882-7804.